Skip to main content

Consumer Law

How do I obtain a copy of my credit report?

  • The Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act was signed into law in December of 2003. The FACT Act allows consumers to get one free comprehensive disclosure of all of the information in their credit file from each of the three national credit reporting companies once every 12 months through a central source. For more information, visit the following websites:
  •  Federal Trade Commission
  •  Annual Credit Report (One free report from each credit bureau in a 12 month period) 

How can I clear up erroneous information on my credit report?

  • If you identify an error on your credit report, you should start by disputing that information with the credit reporting company. (Experian, Equifax, and/or Transunion). You can contact the credit reporting companies online, by mail, or by phone.

    • Equifax
      • Online
      • By mail: Equifax Information Services LLC
                      P.O. Box 740256
                      Atlanta, GA 30348
      • By phone: (866) 349-5191

    • Experian
      • Online
      • By mail: Experian
                      P.O. Box 4500
                      Allen, TX 75013
      • By phone: (888) 397-3742

    • TransUnion
      • Online
      • By mail: TransUnion LLC
                      Consumer Dispute Center
                      P.O. Box 2000
                      Chester, PA 19016
      • My phone: (800) 916-8800